[mythtv-users] cd rip problems

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Wed Jun 15 12:33:23 UTC 2005

I used to be able to rip audio CD's from mythfrontend. Now it detects
the cd being inserted and takes me to the Optical disk menu and I select
Import CD. From there is shows me the correct CD cddb information and
the tracks, but when I click Import it hangs. The frontend is showing:

cannot get exclusive permissions on /dev/cdrom or busy (or something
close to that).

I have searched everywhere for help on this and cannot find anything
that helps. I am running CVS (as of last week) and am on 2.6.9-1.6_FC2

Is there anything I can try?

Thanks,
James