[mythtv-users] Re: [mythtv] MythTV DVB Subtitles Patch v0.4 released

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Wed Jun 15 09:30:37 UTC 2005

Pekka,

> I have noted missing subs occasionally myself. Also there's still some
> timing issues
> (subs appearing too early). It should not be due to bad reception.
> I'll see what I can do.

I do have bad reception anyway - the digital external STB connected via
my PVR350 has the same problem - it's all due to my aerial being
probably 30 or more years old with the original coax cable ;)  But it
works good enough though.

> In Finland I've never seen such "live subs". If you could record a piece
> of such program (maybe 5-10mins with lots of sub activity) and put it available
> somewhere for me to download, I could try to fix the subs using the sample.
> I might already know what's the problem.

Will do.  Will record a segment of BBC News and put it somewhere for you.

> I'm glad that it works somehow.

Hey, it's a huge boon for me to be able to get *good* quality picture
and working subtitles - not having to rely on an external tuner,
controlled via IR and the picture being double compressed ;)

Cheers!

Piers