[mythtv-users] Re: MySQL errors

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 01:11:27 UTC 2005

On 6/15/05, ian swanson <swansian at atlanticbb.net> wrote:

> How can I get the MySQL database to run... I can't get to the database setup
> screen. When I 'mysql -u root mysql' , i get the error: Can't connect to
> local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2). If I type

When you started the mysql server as detailed in the previous message,
did it give you any errors? If it did, you may want to try it as:

/etc/init.d/mysqld start

You may also want to have the mysql server run at boot-up so you don't
have to manually start it. As root, do:

/sbin/chkconfig mysqld on

This should get you up and running as long as MySQL is installed properly.

Nick