[mythtv-users] Customize Mythfrontend

Robin Smith 1canuck2 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 20:07:57 UTC 2005

I'd certainly appreciate it. As you can tell from my post I am a Myxer
convert...

Currently I am using the little Icy men icons as they are pretty cool
too, but the GANT ones have always suited me the best.

Props to you for your work on Myxer, it should be one of the standard
themes that gets distro'ed with MythTV if you ask me. It offers user's
the best flexibility for customizing their look and feel. Even though
MythTV does some pretty awesome stuff "in the background" (scheduling,
commerical skip, editing, transcoding, etc) the reality of the MythTV
experience for many non-Geeks is the frontend GUI experience. (Well,
its the most obvious "feature" for my wife to comment about.

Wishlist features to bring this to "the next level" would be an easier
way to preview the various options - possibly by having the
customizations changeable through the MythTV GUI (but I imagine thats
a lot of work); and of course MORE OPTIONS (such as the GANT icons,
and others).

Awesome job so far.

Robin

Robin