[mythtv-users] HDTV channels chopped video on Motorola 6200

Scott catfather at donpoo.net
Tue Jun 14 04:22:30 UTC 2005

On Jun 13, 2005, at 6:13 AM, Jon Breazile wrote:

> I'm running 0.18.1 with a Motorola 6200 (Comcast) connected via
> firewire. I can watch TV
> just fine (SD analog & digital channels), but when I tune to HD
> channels some video is
> missing on the right side of the screen, and I see a pink stripe
> instead.

Are you using an ATI card by chance? It seems there are some scaling
bugs with the radon driver that cause the problem you describe with
the pink stripe when viewing 720p/1080i content. I've run into the
same problem on my video card using some HDTV test clips (mpeg2).

No clue yet on how to fix it through. For me, chances are, I'll just
try my luck with a nvidia adapter and binary-driver-hell.

--
Scott <catfather at donpoo.net>
AIM: BlueCame1