[mythtv-users] Manual Edit Of cutpoints

Brett May brett.may at thalesatm.com
Tue Jun 14 03:52:00 UTC 2005

Hi All,

Finally have (most) of my mythtv setup running despite choosing an epia
M10000, a twinhaun card, and Gentoo as my OS! Mostly I record RAGE which
is about 10 hours of nonstop music clips.  What I would like to do is
edit out the clips I don't want, idealy into seperate files but I don't
think this is supported yet. So what I am doing is kind of like manually
marking commericals to be cut out.  My problem is that I can only seem
to keep one film clip.

I do the following:
* select 'e' while watching the recoded RAGE file to go into edit mode.
* Select space when I get to the first film clip I want and mark it as
"Delete before this point".
* Fast forward to the end of the clip and select space and mark it as
"Delete after this point"

This is where I encounter a problem, the video stops playing as it
thinks I don't want anything
after this point.  What am I doing wrong?  I would have thought that
while in edit mode nothing is saved or acted upon, I am just marking
what I do or don't want to keep.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Brett