[mythtv-users] Up and Down keys and seeking

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Mon Jun 13 17:32:14 UTC 2005

Daniel Segel wrote:
> Yeah, I initially found it strange as well, and the opposite of what I
> expected, but now I'm used to it.
> Still, if it were easy to reverse them then I would.
> Daniel
> Xiaotian Sun wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Is it just me or other people also find it counter-intuitive to bind
>> Up key to backward seeking and Down key to forward seeking in mythtv?
>> I cannot change this behavior in mythweb because Up and Down are bound
>> globally.

That's funny, I was playing around with the frontend (can't remember
what I was doing) this weekend and this was starting to bug me. I was
going to ask/fix it but I did not know how others felt. When I down
arrow or page-down I usually think about going back / down and not up /
forward. Maybe a pilot or someone that plays flight simulators did that.
That is how they usually work, pushing up on a joystick causes you to go

;) James