[mythtv-users] mythweb conf.php example, please

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 12:34:25 UTC 2005

On 6/12/05, Robert Tsai <rtsai1111 at comcast.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 04:26:57PM -0500, Mercury Morris wrote:
> > Here is a line from the mythweb package's file, conf.php:
> >
> >     define('server_domain', $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] ?
> > $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] : $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']);
> >
> > The above is supposed to be all on one line, it's folded on my
> > screen as I compose this message.
> >
> > Would anyone who has actually changed this line successfully, please
> > post their version of this line?  Even better, perhaps one of the
> > authors and/or contributors of mythweb would care to provide a
> > filled-out example of either this single line of the entire conf.php
> > file.
> >
> > I have searched the archives and found requests for this same
> > information, as recently as March 2005.  But none of the responses
> > includes actual examples.  The line above is so, so confusing.  I
> > know it's not the 'server_domain' string that gets changed, so it
> > must be one or more of the other strings.  Please.  Would anyone who
> > knows which strings to change kindly show us a real-world example.
> >
> > Thanks for any help you can give.
>
> What makes you think that it needs to be changed? My mythweb is
> working fine, and my conf.php looks exactly as you describe above.
>
> What problem are you trying to solve?

The problem to be solved --- way down the line --- is
I want to delete a channel in MythTV's Channel Editor.
But the Channel Editor doesn't have a way to delete a
channel.  SO, I think Mythweb will allow a channel to be
deleted.  In order to use Mythweb, I need to a webserver
installed - Apache.  Trying to set up Appache is enough of
a chore.  Then, once that works, I'll install Mythweb.

Thanks for the reassurance that Mythweb will probably work
without changing that line - as yours seems to be working fine.

--
MM