[mythtv-users] Automatic shutdown not working

Chris Birkinshaw chris at postbox.org.uk
Mon Jun 13 00:22:40 UTC 2005

I have setup automatic shutdown to perform the command "sudo /sbin/halt
-p" (the default setting) on my master backend. When I look at the
mythbackend output I see the countdown begin once the machine is idle,
and then get down to "0 seconds until shutdown", but then nothing
happens. I have tried "sudo /sbin/halt -p" as the mythtv user manually
from a shell and the computer shuts down fine, so my suders conf is
correct. Nothing appears in syslog either..... Any ideas?

Cheers,

Chris