[mythtv-users] Re: Hauppage Quality comparison question

Robin Smith 1canuck2 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 20:34:01 UTC 2005

Thanks for the replies

> The Amity2 family (PVR-150/500) are considered better (with comb
> filtering among other), but the PVR-350/250 were already doing a great
> job, so you won't be able to really see the difference.

Is the comb filtering a tweakable option or its just there in the
150/500 and not in the 250/350.

> > Are there any issues making two 150s work in the same box? Is there
> > any advantage/disadvantage of two 150s over one 500?
> One PCI slot less? But you have less external (parallel) inputs.

This is not an issue, in fact one of the reasons I am building the
second Mythbox is to have one with a full ATX board (instead of the
microatx in my current one).

Plus, this time I am going to go "homegrown" w/ CVS as my current
Mythbox is built on FC2 using Jarod's guide and I want to play with a
new leaner distro and CVS based Myth/drivers/etc without having to
kill my current spousally-adored box.

> The difference are more in price and Linux support. As a new product
> the PVR-150 had no drivers initially, but the ivtv project was
> amazingly fast in picking up support (considering that the
> card is very different, only the mpeg encoder is the same).

Is there a way to buy a 150 with the ir port and ir receiver but no
remote? I want to use a third party remote but I'd like the IR port
with the 150. The 150MCE's have no IR port, correct?