[mythtv-users] IR Blaster: possible serial port problem

Drew Zerdecki dzerdecki at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 19:32:41 UTC 2005

Hello,
I have been unable to get an IR blaster to "blast" and I would
appreciate anyone's suggestions on how to get this working.  I have
followed www.lircsetup.com instructions for my FC3 setup (even
purcahsed a pre-built homebrew blaster). However, when testing, I get
no irsend errors, but I am unable to see the IR flashes on my digital
camera display.  (My camera does display IR flashes from other
remotes.)

I do have a PVR-350 and use its IR receiver, which I have read is on
COM1.  I have tried both COM1 and COM2 settings in modprobe.conf,
mathcing the serial irq settings of my BIOS.  Is there a way for me to
ensure that my serial port is working?  Would I make a serial
connection with my laptop's hyperterminal?  What would be the easiest
way to ensure /dev/ttytS0 or S1 is outputting anything?

Thanks for your help,
Drew