[mythtv-users] After FE_HAS_LOCK, what next?

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 13:55:23 UTC 2005

Phill & Michael,

Thank you both for your advice and directions.

I thought there were some earlier discussions about DVB
and HD-3000, so I'll go search them out.  Also, I remember
reading about scanning channels, but wasn't sure if those
discussions referred to MythTV.  I have never seen the place(s)
in MythTV's Channel Editor where scans are offered, so again I'll
have to go back in there and look for the option/choice/etc.

Since the HD-3000 card is being added to a system with an
already-working PVR-350, I have been wondering if/how MythTV
can tell the difference when Watch TV is selected.  I know it will
choose the first available tuner.  But what will happen if, while
watching an analog station, a digital station is selected by typing
'2_1' for example.  I'll just have to wait to see if MythTV will know
that it has to switch cards at that point.

Thanks again for your help.