[mythtv-users] Re: Remote Problem: Need for modifying settings.pro to enable lirc support

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jun 10 04:47:38 UTC 2005

CTD wrote:

>> ctd at minneapolish3.com wrote:
>> >In general I am trying to get my PVR-350 remote to work and have
>> pieced together
>> >info from the mythtv doc and the http://wilsonet.com/mythtv doc.
>> >
>> >Current system state:
>> >After a system startup, irw works correctly so I know that my
>> remote, VPR-350
>> >card, and lircd are working. But the remote does not work in mythtv.
>> My current
>> >line of attack is to ensure that I have my mythtv compiled to
>> support lirc.
>> >

>> >Looking at the outoup of running "configure -h", I do not see how
>> one enables
>> >this support.
>> >

>> Automatically used if LIRC is detected. How about posting the output of
>> your real configure run so we can see why (if) it's not detected.
> I reran the configure script, and my output can is:

> lirc support     yes

This means that MythTV has support, so it must be a configuration problem.

Make sure:
    a) You have the file ~/.mythtv/lircrc in the home directory of the
user running mythfrontend
    b) You start lircd before starting mythfrontend
    c) Your lircrc uses the button names that match the codes defined in
    d) Your lircrc specifies a program of mythtv