[mythtv-users] Scheduler problems

Ant Daniel antdaniel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 09:22:35 UTC 2005

On 6/9/05, Nick <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/9/05, Ant Daniel <antdaniel at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm having some problems with the Scheduler, I have tried to solve
> > myself and search around but I can't find any solution.
> >
> > For certain shows that I have been watching for a long time, it try's
> > to record all occurances of the program, including duplicate showings.
> > If I select a brand new show It does what I expect (schedule just one
> > of the various viewings).
> >
> > I suspect that this is to do with the fact that when I first used this
> > system I used the old Radio Times grabber, this didn't have any
> > discriptions/subtitles. I have gone through the oldrecorded tables and
> > removed everything with a blank description (DELETE FROM oldrecorded
> > WHERE description = "";).
> >
> > This hasn't helped. Can anyone suggest anything else I could try, (I
> > don't really want to wipe my database and start again, but I will if I
> > have to).
> Ant,
> What grabber are you using now, and what is your matching criteria for
> those shows still causing problems? It is possible to just remove
> those particular program entries from oldrecorded without affecting
> the other programs in the database. After removing those entries
> without descriptions, did you notice any change at all in the the
> programs matched? If you are using the new RT grabber you should have
> better success (at least I've found it to be quite consistent in terms
> of titles and descriptions).
> As you seem comfortable working in the DB, I would look at an uncoming
> program that you have previously recorded (but which is due to be
> recorded again) and see if you can spot why it is not being flagged by
> the chosen matching mechanism (slightly different title text, amended
> description etc).
> Nick

I now use the new RT grabber, which is great for all the new programs,
am also running 0.18.1, which was only just upgraded from 0.16 which
was also having this problem.

I have been trying to deal with this by using an upcoming recording,
and it's a recording that's also shown on a +1 channel, all details
are the same, no differences.

It happened to only have three existing records in oldrecorded, so I
deleted the lot, (did via mythfrontend in ensure any records in
associated tables are also removed).
I then selected "Never Record" from MythWeb, but the recording I
(de)selected & all subsequent repeats are still flagged for recording.

A quick check of oldrecorded and the record has been put in from
selecting "Never Record".

This highlights to me that it must be a DB problem rather than a
matter of which options to choose.


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list