[mythtv-users] Playback problem on M10k - Unable to create XvMCBlocks

Robert Coup robert2 at coup.net.nz
Wed Jun 8 06:36:48 UTC 2005

James Stembridge wrote:

>On 6/7/05, Robert Coup <robert2 at coup.net.nz> wrote:
>>In MythTV...Setup...TV Settings..Playback i have the option "Use
>>hardware XvMC MPEG Decoding" which is what I change to break/unbreak
>>playback. AFAIK, nothing mentions XvMC VLD (as stated by James) anywhere...
>>Does this shed some more light on the issue?
>Yes, it means you don't have vld support compiled into Myth.
Well, according to Axel Thimm, support for XvMCW is compiled into the
ATrpms binaries... my /etc/X11/XvMCConfig file looks like this:
so it should work? Obviously I can recompile, but maybe there is another
problem with XvMCW, the ATrpms binaries, or something else which we
should try to track down...

Thanks again,

Rob :)