[mythtv-users] Looking to build my first MythTV box--in search of advice!

Peter Schmitt pschmitt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 03:25:43 UTC 2005

Hey, thanks alot for your responses!

As someone new to the whole MythTV thing, choosing the PVR card itself
is somewhat overwhelming...  A newegg.com search for "pvr" returned
some PCI PVR cards ranging between $29.99-$191!

As per Dewey's suggestion, I think I will get this operational on my
p2-450 & go up from there.  I definitely need to prove this thing for
my girlfriend... she thinks I'm nuts :)

Thanks for the PCRetro link!  I've never heard of that company before,
what a great idea!

-Pete