[mythtv-users] Confused about mythtranscode

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 16:05:26 UTC 2005

On 6/7/05, Robert Tsai <rtsai1111 at comcast.net> wrote:
> And yes, the obvious "interesting" use for mythtranscode is to remove
> commercials (and possible disk space savings) for long-time archiving.
> But I think lots of people prefer to use nuvexport/ffmpeg via "User
> Jobs" for those kinds of applications.

Is there a howto or any other documentation which describes how to set
it up to do this?
I found where to enter "User Job" commands, but there is no
documentation on what these commands could be or how to reference the
recording itself in the command. I also found checkboxes "Run User Job
after recording" but no menu option to run User Jobs manually.
--
Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)
http://www.pikus.net