[mythtv-users] Time for an upgrade and add a HD2000 any words of wisdom?

Alan Anderson andersonas at adelphia.net
Tue Jun 7 14:26:37 UTC 2005

I currently have a fairly old mythtv box 0.16 FC1 custom kernel mods to
support a new tuner type in my MCE-250 (it was new a year a go).  Its been
running for almost a year now with no problems.   All those tuner issues
should be gone by now.

I tried to get a HD-2000 to work on and off over the last year and while it
worked it was not real stable, so the card is sitting on a shelf.

It appears the time is about right.  I believe HD2000/3000 DVB support is in
the latest kernel release canidate.  At least kernel.org list 2.6.12-rc6 as

So I am thinking a reinstall to FC3 Mythtv 0.18 then a 2.6.12-rc6 install is
in order.  Anybody attempted this recently?  If so any words of wisdom?
Known pitfalls?

Alan Anderson
andersonas at adelphia.net
Linux is user friendly.
Its just real picky about who its friends are.