[mythtv-users] PCHDTV-3000 2.0 settings

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Tue Jun 7 04:53:17 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 15:23 -0400, Bruce Pennypacker wrote:
>   I'd
> recommend you try switching to the DVB drivers since that's the way
> these cards are most likely to be supported from now on.  Take a look at
> the following thread for help switching to the DVB drivers:
> http://www.xmission.com/~pchdtv/forum/viewtopic.php?t=688
> Once you've got them working just go into mythtv-setup and set up the
> card as a DVB card, not a pchdtv card.

Well, I did this, and no change: I'm still screwed. Unless I can get
someone who knows a lot more about the internals of the code to get
interested in this, or unless I get the few days of free time it would
take for me to do it myself, I think I will just have to move on to more
productive (on my system) projects. Maybe I will try again with a real
2.6.12 kernel, or after FC4 comes out, or if there is a new release of
MythTV. But for now, it's the same stone wall over and over and over:

2005-06-06 17:07:28.867 Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
2005-06-06 17:07:28.885 Error: Desired subchannel not specified in
freqid "3", Using 1.
2005-06-06 17:07:28.971 HD5 Error: could not obtain sync

I guess I'll close by trying to learn just a little bit more: what is a
"subchannel" and how would I specify one? What exactly does "could not
obtain sync" mean and what does this mean is wrong? I don't think my
random trying of different things is really going to help; I have to
find out what these error messages actually mean or I'm just going to
keep frustrating myself. Google searches and list archive searches
didn't turn anything up.