[mythtv-users] PCHDTV-3000 2.0 settings

Kelly navykel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 19:43:30 UTC 2005

On 6/6/05, Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:

> > I have this card working, but I'm using the DVB drivers which it
> > appears you are not, correct?
>
> Could you explain to me exactly what this means? Which driver should I
> be using and where do I get it from? I see about 10 different driver
> versions on the pcHDTV web site. Once I have it, what should the Capture
> Card settings look like (that way I can tell if I've done it right)?
>
> I am experienced with Linux, but a complete newbie to the TV-on-computer
> world so I don't know what terms like "DVB" mean. This is the first TV
> capture card I have ever tried to use.
>
> Thanks,
> --Greg

Greg,

First, Welcome to the Journey. I invested over 100 hours getting my
system installed, configured and operational.

Second, I also have experience in Unix and Linux. I happened to work
on a DOD Unix software application project. The last update on
J.Wilson's site worked for me. I used the pcHDTV-2.0 drivers and
rebooted. dmesg showed my card being identified as HD3000. I also have
a PVR250 so I had to make sure each came up in the right order.

Finally, this is a great group of people. They demonstrate patience
beyond what I've observed as normal from an online community. Do your
best to search the archives and when you are at your last straw, post
your problem with some background and specs of your configuration.
>From what I've seen here, too much details is never too much but not
enough details gets the most flames.

Again, welcome to the journey,

kel