[mythtv-users] Adding an HD-3000 to a PVR-350-only system

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Mon Jun 6 02:52:08 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-05 at 18:44 -0400, gad at jetcom.org wrote:
> I'm successfully using the hd3000 with a 2.6.11 kernel. In two
> machines, One with 2x HD3000s and another with 1x hd3000, and a pvr-350.
>
> You need to use the v2.0 package from pchdtv.com and use the dvb
> driver.

I tried this, but it still does not work on my system. The 2.0 drivers
do work with the 2.6.10 kernel, but not 2.6.11. If I bring up mythtv-
setup, the input sources come out all wrong (listed as Composite1,
Composite2, etc. and none of them work. xawtv will display the last
channel I was watching, but it won't change channels and there's no
sound. It's input list too says Composite1, Composite2,...  Going back
to the 2.6.10 kernel and installing the 2.0 drivers works great. The
input sources are now properly listed as Television, Composite, and S-
Video, and xawtv now works, but my problem with mythbackend (under the
"capture card suddenly doesn't work" thread) is still there so I still
can't use mythtv).

--Greg