[mythtv-users] 0/nfslock not found

Nathan Ford zimans at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 00:20:20 UTC 2005

Ok, so I decided to move my mysql database to my backend server as it
is a faster machine. I was hoping this would help speed up the whole
operation. I grabbed mysql 4.1 and got it operational on the backend
machine. I then proceeded to copy the database from the server to the
back end. (I exported via mysldump > Myth.db and mysql < Myth.db)

However, when I went to start the backend it complained about not
being able to open 0/nfs.lockfile (or whatever it is)

Soi figured my database import didn't go so well. Well, I tried all
kinds of stuff and stuff just seems broken now. I pointed mysql.txt
back to the old server and I get the same problem still.

Here's some other weird behavior. When I start with a fresh db on the
new machine running mythtv-setup updates the schema and setup comes
up. Once I close setup and re-run it, i get alot of
"QTime::fromString: Parameter out of range" messages, and once I get
past the yes no q's to the options it freezes and I can not navigate
the options.

I'm about at my wits end.

I have no problem reconfiguring everything. I just don't want to lose
the persistant data (recording schedule, file list, previously
recorded, etc.)

I haven't been able to find anything in the archives about the nfs
lock problem...
Any suggestions?

--Nate