[mythtv-users] off topic question/request for help on a mediamvp

T. Waldren mythtvbox at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 23:15:51 UTC 2005

I tried to ask over at the mvmpc project forums, but I never got a
response, so since I learned about the mediamvp through this list, I
though maybe someone could help me.

Basically, my problem is that their how-to seems incomplete
(http://mvpmc.sourceforge.net/mvpmc-HOWTO-singlehtml.html#ss5.1).  I
have the dongle.bin for the mvp, but I get lost at their current step
5 (installing atftp, I got tftp to install) and the dhcp information.
It tells me to install tftp but never says if there is any setup.  I
was able to do the install of dhcp, but then it tells me to edit a
dhcpd.conf file that I cannot find (I don't see a dhcpd.conf file in
the /etc/ area, but I see it in the /etc/log.d/conf/services/
directory) and then start dhcp, but I get "[root at localhost root]#
/etc/init.d/dhcp start
bash: /etc/init.d/dhcp: No such file or directory".  If someone has a
better way to set this thing up, or can give me some hints on what to
try, that would be greatly appreciated.

I am pulling out my hair trying to figure this out, and the wife isn't
very happy that something I promised her would be working a month ago
still just boots up and says "contacting Mediamvp booterver".

Thanks

Terrence