[mythtv-users] opaque

Elladan elladan at eskimo.com
Sun Jun 5 22:45:22 UTC 2005

The way you'd want to implement this would be to change mythtv to use an
openGL texture to render video, instead of using the overlay channel.
Then you could alpha blend on top of it rather easily using the texture
engine.

However, this would be fairly difficult.  Ideally you'd want to do color
space conversion for myth as a pixel shader in the GPU, but you might
need to do a lot of work to make sure the quality is the same as the
overlay does by default.  Also I strongly suspect you'd get tearing and
would need to fix that too.

-J