[mythtv-users] best commercial flagging?

Garry Cook garrycook at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 18:55:02 UTC 2005

On 6/3/05, Egeekial <egeekial at comcast.net> wrote:
> On a similar note, my automatic commercial skip stopped working... so I
> tried putting it on just notify, and of course, I get no notification.
> What's going on here? It worked yesterday...
>
> Phill Edwards wrote:
>
> >>I know this is probably a complete newbie question, but what is the best
> >>commercial flagging method? Right now, I am just using the default
> >>method, but I have been thinking about trying the "All" method. I wanted
> >>to get some opinions/insight on the matter first, though.
> >>

> >All is the best, I think. Not sure under what circumstances you'd use
> >something other than All - perhaps if CPU cycles are at a premium?
> >Anyway, I use All and it rocks.
> >
> >Regards,
> >Phill

I've been having a similar issue. However, commercial skipping
probably works fine (need to test it on an old recording), it seems
that commercial flagging is what has stopped working for me. I just
spotted another post about this issue from today, with a possible
solution, need to check that out.

--Garry