[mythtv-users] dumb question: how to cut off commercial having cutlist?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sun Jun 5 02:28:00 UTC 2005

>    After having cutlist manually, how to actually cut it off to save
> space? I expect it is done without transcoding again and can be done in
> background automatically.

while watching the show, press X

this could have been answered with a quick search of the mailing list.

Just remember that this will result in an mpeg4 or rtjpeg (depending on
how you have it set up) file, even if your original source was mpeg2.
If you want mpeg2 lossless cutting, check out nuvexport.

-Chris