[mythtv-users] OT: 160GB Western Digital, $30 after rebates

Louie Ilievski loudawg at comcast.net
Sun Jun 5 00:56:06 UTC 2005

On Saturday 04 June 2005 04:32 pm, mark wrote:
> On Saturday 04 June 2005 03:53 pm, Louie Ilievski wrote:
> > On Saturday 04 June 2005 08:27 am, mark wrote:
> > > The current best deal I've seen is 250GB WD for $118 at Sams club.  No
> > > rebate.
> > >
> > > That's pretty cheap storage.
> >
> > Or a 250GB WD for $80 after rebates at Circuit City  :-)  I'm thinking
> > about getting this one for my myth box.
> >
> > ~Lou
> I'm sick of the rebate bullsh*t that every box store seems to want to do.
> Half the time you get nothing, the other half you wait 4 months for a
> rejection letter because you didn't cross your t's and dot your i's.  I'll
> patronize stores that don't require me to jump through hoops to save money,
> thanks.

I can completely understand your opinion.  But just to put in a little bit of
my own experience, I have to say that WD has been very good with their
rebates.  Circuit city has as well.  So between the two of them I feel very
confident in receiving my money.  I actually just got two emails last week
confirming my rebate requests for a drive I bought not to long ago - one from
each company, and my rebate requests were done by mail, not electronically.
I never get email confirmations from other places.

Anyway, the last 4 or 5 hard drives I've bought have all been WD drives that I
got from rebates, and I have received my money every time without a single
hassle.  I for one will continue to buy these drives.  They have worked (and
are all still working) wonderful for me, and I've gotten them all at killer

On the other hand, I got screwed by Frys on two different products that I
purchased on the same day, with the same reason - I didn't include the
original UPC barcode, which is complete BS.  But, I didn't follow their
recommendation of keeping copies of everything, so I blamed myself mostly.
I'm sure calling them up and putting a little pressure on them would've
worked too, but oh well.

If you just follow the directions and keep copies as proof, they can't deny
you the rebate.