[mythtv-users] Re: New nvidia driver released

Steve Tate srt at cs.unt.edu
Sat Jun 4 21:45:43 UTC 2005

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, Axel Thimm wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 07:47:57AM -0700, Howard Cokl wrote:
>> Nvidia released 1.0.7664 yesterday, haven't tried it
>> yet.
>
> I did, and am not really pleased. When the screensaver blanks the
> screen, it never recovers, I have to reboot to have a display again
> ... :/

I also had serious problems with 7664 -- it wouldn't freeze the system
but X would go up to about 98% CPU in top, and X would be
non-responsive.  I could ssh in and kill X, which brought the machine
back, but that's really not acceptable.  It would do this in two
situations: whenever I tried to watch video, and whenever I tried to
bring up a text display with ctrl-alt-1.   I reverted to 6629 and
everything is stable again....   shame though.