[mythtv-users] universal remote for pvr-250

David mythtv at morrisonthenet.com
Fri Jun 3 22:44:54 UTC 2005

The Radio Shack learning remotes are just rebadged OFA remotes.  IIRC
the RS remote mentioned in the guide is the same as the OFA 8811/8810uw
(the 8810uw is available at Wal-Mart for about $18).  I'm a big fan of
these remotes because they're JP1 capable.  Using a JP1 cable I made
from a kit and the freeware IR and RemoteMaster software I was able to
customize my 8810uw remote to mimic my LiteOn IR keyboard that controls
my mythBox, *without* the hassle of learning (and without consuming the
very limited learning memory).  Plus I have a complete backup of my
remote should I need to replace it or it loses memory, I can just
re-download it from the PC.

David