[mythtv-users] New nvidia driver released

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 11:40:18 UTC 2005

Doh!  I run a TNT2 on my backend/frontend box.

That said, I have always managed to overcome the engineer in me and
have not updated the driver since I first installed myth.  For once I
have followed the rule, 'if it aint broke, don't try to fix it' ;)

On 6/3/05, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 06/02/05 22:50, Jeff Wormsley wrote:
>
> > Howard Cokl wrote:
> >
> >>    * Removed support for legacy GPUs; please see
> >> "Chapter 1. Selecting and Downloading the NVIDIA
> >> Packages for Your System" in the README for details.
> >
> > Hmmn.  Must go see what is "legacy" and what is not...
>
> Yeah, some of those--like the GeForce2 Ti (see below)--might actually
> exist in some people's Myth boxes.  I was just happy that they haven't
> mothballed the GF4MX440, yet.
>
> Mike
>
> Below are the legacy GPUs that are no longer supported in the unified driver.
> These GPUs will continue to be maintained through the special legacy NVIDIA
> GPU driver releases.
>

>     NVIDIA chip name                   Device PCI ID
>     -------------------------------    -------------------------------
>     RIVA TNT                           0x0020
>     RIVA TNT2/TNT2 Pro                 0x0028
>     RIVA TNT2 Ultra                    0x0029
>     Vanta/Vanta LT                     0x002C
>     RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro    0x002D
>     Aladdin TNT2                       0x00A0
>     GeForce 256                        0x0100
>     GeForce DDR                        0x0101
>     Quadro                             0x0103
>     GeForce2 GTS/GeForce2 Pro          0x0150
>     GeForce2 Ti                        0x0151
>     GeForce2 Ultra                     0x0152
>     Quadro2 Pro                        0x0153

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.