[mythtv-users] XvMC works in xine, but not Myth

Joe Barnhart joebarnhart at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 3 06:59:21 UTC 2005

--- Isaac Richards <ijr at case.edu> wrote:

> If a 1800+ can play back 720p smoothly (ie, my machine) in non-Xv
> mode, why
> would a 2000+ not be able to?

I've had problems with HDTV playback on Athlon 2500 processors, too.
Are you playing back a 720p stream on an output device set to 720p?

I don't understand how you're able to play HDTV on a 1800 processor.  I
have not heard of much success playing back HDTV streams with anything
short of a 3GHZ HT P4.  (I replaced my Athlon with this exact
combination and I can finally watch 1080i streams on a 1080i TV without
stuttering or playback problems.)