[mythtv-users] Re: Getting good audio sync in nuvexport/transcodings w/cutlist?

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Thu Jun 2 18:30:42 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 10:59:19AM +0200, belcampo wrote:
> Try opening the file in avidemux directly and save it, one thin I got was:
> **saving:**
> Last frame is a B frame, choosing better candidate
> Trying :130348
> Taking previous frame as last frame 130349
>  Avi family
> TS: no ts sync word

Well, I did try editing the file in avidemux2, using its own cut point
system to get rid of the unwanted stuff.   It didn't die, but it produced
a file with audio slowly going out of sync, until it was out by a large
margin by the end -- up to a second.

I expected this could happen because avidemux reported that it had a sound
sync error of 0.5 seconds after loading the file.

So I suspect that even if I get nuvexport to call avidemux with success,
I will not get a usable file in any event, and am giving up on this for
the meantime.

Note that Myth's player and other players do not have a sound sync problem
on the original file, and I was able to transcode the original file
(with not cuts) using mencoder without sound problems (though my
experiments at reverse telecine with pullup resulted in dropped frames
in some, but not all locations in the film.  Rather odd.)

So for now I'm stuck until I find another editor, the only choice being
to transcode to mp4 in mencoder to save some space, but with no cuts.