[mythtv-users] ivtvdev driver options in xorg.conf - which is best?

John Harvey john.p.harvey at btinternet.com
Wed Jun 1 20:14:10 UTC 2005

Assuming that you are using 0.8 of the driver fbdev is correct.
ivtvdev was an accidental (IMHO) change when a mass edit of fb to ivtv was
done in the driver source code and was needed for a couple of versions
around 0.5. These are both only really necessary if the frame buffer device
is not /dev/fb0 which it will default to if it is not specified.

The code just ignores options it does not understand so having it there
multiple times does not cause any harm.

John