[mythtv-users] opaque

Dean Collins Dean at collins.net.pr
Wed Jun 1 18:34:44 UTC 2005

There are a lot of things coming down the pipeline - 2Wire are trialing
some very interesting apps for sbc for uploading content to your box and
then making this available to other users (and over the web) and you
should read my post last week about Rogers in Canada and their
intentions for remote access and implementation into mobile storage
devices.

I need to think of a way to post these suggestions to the list properly
but in the interim check out http://www.cognation.net/cablecard

Putting to one side all of the hardware suggestions in the document
think about real time video context sensitive chat based forums,
polling, static voting, messaging (either IM or email), geographical
information delivery, database interrogation.

Think of Myth as a basic gateway or dumb terminal and then reposition
what you expect it to be doing in a year from now.

Cheers,
Dean