[mythtv-users] WinTV (bttv) and PVR150 (ivtv) apparent conflict

Ryan A. Carris racarris at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 01:09:15 UTC 2005

On 5/27/05, Ryan Steffes <rbsteffes at gmail.com> wrote:
> I posted this question in more detail on the ivtv list, but the mythtv
> list gets far more traffic so I hope no one minds if I toss it out
> here.  I'm running myth on a 2.6.8-10mdk kernel.  I've got a WinTVFM
> card and just bought a brand new PVR150 MCE.  From what I can tell,
> bttv and ivtv don't exactly play nicely with one another.
>
> My bttv card only works properly if I rename the msp3400 module that
> came with ivtv.  I can get the ivtv to seem to load properly with no
> error messages that jump out at me, but it doesn't DO anything.  I'm
> thinking this may be due to not having it's own modules.
>
> Has anyone gotten this combination to work, and what did you have to
> do?  I can upgrade to 2.6.11 if needed.
(snip)

I've had a BTTV card and a PVR250 (IVTV) working in the same box for
close to a year now.  I'm using the 2.X drivers these days, so it
should be pretty much the same.  I  haven't done anything special and
have never had a problem with it.

Jarod has a modprob.conf file on his site for the combo.  You might
want to check that.  His is the same as mine for the bttv and ivtv
section.  Your's appears differnt.