[mythtv-users] Ripping excellent DVDs in latest ATRPMs

Rob Bongiovi rbongiovi at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 31 09:00:09 EDT 2005

I see this has been asked a few time before, but no
answers, so I'll try again. Now that the transcode was
turned back on in mtd in the ATRPMs packages, I can't
get a DVD to rip in excellent quality. I can get a
perfect copy. Like the others have said, it does the
first step - ripping the file off the dvd, but it
doesn't seem to do the next - transcoding to perfect
quality. No files get left in the temporary directory
and nothing in the logs. Is there a fix to this? Doesn
anyone know what is going on?

Thanks,
Rob