[mythtv-users] Re: NEWbie, trying this for the first time

travis highley travis at wannarumble.com
Sat Jul 30 16:42:03 EDT 2005

>I wasn't able to see exactly what this item is - if it's a
>case/motherboard combo, then it has too few PCI
>slots.
>
>In summary, get lots of memory, lots of disk storage,
>lots of PCI slots.  You will soon find that you are having
>so much fun building your first computer, that you will
>wish for more space to record programs, more tuners to
>record programs on at the same time, and more PCI slots
>to add HDTV tuners.

Thanks for the tips, here is the barebones system:

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16856160006

Here are the slots it has:

Expansion Slots
AGP 		None
PCI Express 	1 x PCI Express x16 / 1 x PCI Express x 1
PCI 		2

I was trying to find a case that wouldn't look too weird in my entertainment center, with out having to do 2 machines and hiding one in another room or whatever.

I may have to stagger the cost out, just get the 1 hd for now. Thanks again for the input!