[mythtv-users] LiveTV bails out after two seconds

James Fryman jfryman.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 16:09:35 EDT 2005

It still seems like mythtvsetup isn't setup properly, and I keep wanting
to come back to it. I too had a similar problem with this because of how
MythTVSetup works.

The tuner must first be setup in the Input settings
Second, your cable type must be setup in the Video Sources screen
Finally, you have to link the two settings together in the Input Settings.

In the input settings, you can select the input type (Cable, Antenna,
DVB, etc) and then when you link the settings together in the Input
Settings, you should select the same type.

If you aren't able to figure it out, I should be able to help you
further when I get home from work... most of this is coming off the top
of my head ATM.

More information can be found here regarding this.

http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-9.html

You can also check your channel settings there. Let me know! Good luck!

-James
James D. Fryman
A+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
E-Mail:  jfryman.lists at gmail.com