[mythtv-users] YPrPb component out for MythTV

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Fri Jul 29 12:34:00 EDT 2005

On Friday 29 July 2005 14:22, Richard Bronosky wrote:
> Please no responses about transcoders or alternatives.  I went through
> 39 pages of emails on
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/ last night trying to
> find a solution, but in every thread someone changes the subject.
>
> I'm looking for a video card or mother board with on-board video
> supported by MythTV that has simple YPrPb component output.  I've seen a
> few cards from ATI, but I fear Linux support for those.  I've also heard
> of a VIA or EPIA mother board that some guy was selling (several of),
> but I thought it was weird that the only outlet for the unit was an
> individual's blog.
>
> There has been lots of interest in component out over the past 2 years.
> Let's get a definitive answer into the threads, and put this one to rest.

my aopen i915GMm-HFS motherboard has compoent out (as well as s-video, dvi-d
and vga). it also has gigabit ethernet, firewire, usb, and 7.1 audio
(including sdpif in/out). it uses a pentium-m processor and most of the time
the cpu fan doesn't spin. so it is very quiet. it has a pci-express slot and
2 pci slots. it makes a good myth motherboard, but it is expensive.

it is not all plain sailing. the x server took a bit of work to do Xv and
likewise it took some work to get alsa configured. finnaly, i don't have
anything to test the component output with (yet).

i have mine in a silverstone 10M, with a PVR-350.

regards
--
simon