[mythtv-users] Does anyone have this video card?

Garry Cook garrycook at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 10:08:09 EDT 2005

On 7/28/05, James Oltman <cnlibmyth at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am thinking about upgrading the vid card in my FE.  I have an analog
> TV which is capable of 480i input (not progressive) to component
> inputs.  Right now I am using S-Video going into my home theater
> receiver then to my TV's S-Vid input.  I am getting this weird blue
> line at the top and to the left of the picture.  I know I can use
> XVATTR to get rid of it, but I don't know where that program is
> located in the directory structure.  I am hoping that the lines are
> because I am running through the receiver.  I would test it but the
> cables are a pain.  Besides, I do want to have the best picture
> quality going to my TV and the 480i component is the best I can do.

The lines don't have anything to do with going through a receiver.
Overscan might get rid of them, I'm not really sure, you should try
it. The xvattr method is what worked for me, back when I had this
problem a few months ago. I don't think xvattr is in you directory
path by default, you'll need to install it via apt-get or go get the
source and compile it.
Check the archives for more info on xvattr and the blue lines issue.
It's really not difficult to fix.