[mythtv-users] Archiving Shows to DVD

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 14:55:25 EDT 2005

On 7/28/05, Dave Ansell <dave at theansells.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>       My Myth box seems to have achieved a high Child Acceptance Factor (WAF
> not quite so good!) but unfortunately my disk is now filling up rapidly with
> cartoon shows which need to be watched repeatedly and never deleted!
>       Is there a straightforward way to transfer shows to DVD in a sensible
> format for viewing on DVD players, etc.    My recordings are from DVB-T in
> TS format.  I have tried transcode, but it fails to run with the out-of-the
> box Myth settings (Myth 0.18.1 atrpms)
>    Any pointers much appreciated.   And by the way I am a complete newbie
> when it comes to DVD authoring.!
> cheers,
> Dave

Hi Dave,

If you haven't already, give nuvexport a try. The MPEG2->MPEG2 option
is great as long as you have good quality MPEG2 files to start with.
Otherwise the DVD export option is good.

Once you have commercial-cut files, use dvdstyler or 'Q' DVDauthor to
prepare a DVD with menus. Then either burn the disc from that app, or
export an iso, then burn with k3b.

See also these links:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/ (search for dvd burning)

Good luck!