AW: [mythtv-users] Kernel src, ati_remote, 2.6.12 kernel

Jochen Kühner jochen.kuehner at
Thu Jul 28 10:18:22 EDT 2005

Did the ati video driver work with your 2.6.12 kenerl?
It doesn't work on my system!!

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: mythtv-users-bounces at
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at] Im Auftrag von Ben Curtis
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 28. Juli 2005 15:33
An: mythtv-users at
Betreff: [mythtv-users] Kernel src, ati_remote, 2.6.12 kernel

I've been searching the list, and the most informative thread I found was
"Repeat problems with ati_remote in 2.6 kernel" found here:

I have both of those issues, (the repeat, and the channel buttons).  I got
to the point where I found the channel buttons were reporting codes above
255 and xmodmap wouldn't display above 255.  So, the patch should work for
me... BUT.

I run Fedora Core 4, with the apt kernel 2.6.12-1.1398_FC4smp and
kernel-smp-devel-2.6.12-1.1398_FC4 symlinked to /usr/src/linux, both of
which are the latest.  In the instructions for the patched ati_remote.c,
it says to just copy it over the old one that is there.  However, in my
directory tree, there is no ati_remote.c.  I'd rather not rebuild
everything from scratch since I upgraded to FC4 to avoid doing that again.
Do I need to run "make" or anything in the source tree to get that
ati_remote.c file to appear?

Thanks for your help,