[mythtv-users] USB Soundcard with SPIDF digital pass through?

Peter Judge peter at judge.co.za
Thu Jul 28 08:19:38 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 14:43 +0100, Scott White wrote:

> Background,
>
> I have been unable to get the SPIDF output on my Shuttle Zen to work and
> the analogue sound quality is pretty rubbish.

I've got S/PDIF output working fine on my Shuttle SN41G2. I used
the .asoundrc from here http://mythtv.info/moin.cgi/DigitalSoundHowTo ,
and everything except MythMusic is working fine (LiveTV, recordings,
video via xine and mplayer). I use ALSA:dmix-digital as my audio device
(don't worry if you can't select it, just type it in). I basically
followed Jarod's guide.

-- Peter