[mythtv-users] mythbackend can't find dvb turing details

F'Nog fnog at thegirlwithtwobreasts.com
Thu Jul 28 06:45:07 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I've finally gotten around to putting together a mythtv box, and after
farting around with a few things it's almost working. However when I
start the backend up, it tires to tune into the default channel and
fails with the message:

DVB#0 ERROR - Could not find dvb tuning parameters for transport 0
DVB#0 ERROR - Failed to get channel options for channel 10.

I've definately got a channel 10, and I had a look in the database and
there's a dvb_channel entry tied by chanid to the channel entry and
appropriate video/audio pids in the pids table. I double checked and
tzap can find the channel fine so it's not a reception issue. I can't
see anything I'm missing in the card or channel setup, anyone got any
ideas why it would be failing?

P.S. Using TwinHan DVB-T cards on Fedora Core 4 (2.6.12-1).

Thanks,
Lucas