[mythtv-users] Unconfiguring TVOut on PVR350

Steve Nuffer nuffersp at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 27 09:33:34 EDT 2005

I'm currently using the TV-out (Svideo) on a PVR350.  I would like to try Mythgames.  From what I have read, Mythgames doesn't work through the TVout on the PVR350.  I need to change from the PVR350 out to the graphics card tvout. The other reason is that I can't get my extra PVR-150 to work with the PVR350. See this thread on IVTV mailing list. http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/devel/22553 )

Following are the steps that I can think of.

Uninstall ivtvdev
Remove line from /etc/modprobe.conf
 install ivtv /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ivtv; /sbin/modprobe ivtv-fb
Remove output_select=1 option from /etc/modprobe.conf
 options saa7127 output_select=1
Remove vga=791 from /boot/grub/grub.conf
use the original /etc/X11/xorg.conf file which removes the /dev/fb1 information
Use mplayer -vo xv instead of mplayer -vo x11 in Myth Configuration
Rebuild Ramdisk
reboot
Follow steps for you particuliar graphics card.

The Fedora Gospel shows how to build it with the following commands.  How and should you rebuild your ramdisk?

wget https://svn.wilsonet.com/svn/mythtvology/trunk/mkinitrd-ivtv.patch
# cp /sbin/mkinitrd /sbin/mkinitrd-ivtv
# patch /sbin/mkinitrd-ivtv < mkinitrd-ivtv.patch

Now build your initial ramdisk:

# mkinitrd-ivtv -f --ivtvdev /boot/initrd-`uname -r`.img `uname -r`

Did I miss anything else?

Thanks,

Steve

http://mail.yahoo.com