[mythtv-users] DViCO FusionHDTV DVB (ATSC/QAM) and MythTV

Preston Crow pc-mythtv05a at crowcastle.net
Tue Jul 26 16:48:14 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 14:38 -0600, Garry Cook wrote:
> The PCHD3000 is the safe bet for QAM? I thought that the Air2PC did
> QAM and the PCHD3000 only did OTA.
> Can someone confirm which card I'll want to buy if I want my HDTV via
> QAM over cable?

The HD-2000 was OTA-only.  The HD-3000 also does QAM as well as ATSC.
(The HD-2000 is no longer being sold.)

The Air2PC can send only the requested program stream instead of the
full transport stream, reducing the data sent over the PCI bus and
somewhat reducing the CPU overhead.  They do both ATSC and QAM.

I don't know anything about the Fusion HDTV cards, but apparently they
also do both ATSC and QAM.

So all three cards should work with the right drivers for either ATSC or
QAM.  I don't know which one works best, which is an important question
if you're pulling in an imperfect OTA signal.

--PC