[mythtv-users] DViCO FusionHDTV DVB (ATSC/QAM) and MythTV

Scott catfather at donpoo.net
Tue Jul 26 16:32:09 EDT 2005

On Jul 26, 2005, at 2:43 PM, Todd Ignasiak wrote:

> Some people were having trouble getting the FusionHDTV3 QAM cards
> working with MythTV.  So, here is a short summary of how I got
> MythTV working with my FusionHDTV3 card.     This process should be
> similar for other DVB cards.      I am able to receive both Over-
> The-Air broadcasts (ATSC broadcasts using 8VSB) and clear channels
> on my Comcast cable system using QAM256.

Todd -

Thanks for the write up. I understand you have the Fusion HDTV3 from
your post. I'm wondering if anyone has experince with the Fusion
HDTV5 ATSC. The first question is of course, how well supported is it
under Linux? Patching the kernel doesn't bother me, I'm asking about
driver stability and image quality.

I realize the PCHD3000 is the "safe bet" as it is well supported
under Linux and appears to have an active development community
behind it. I don't hear as much about the Fusion HDTV5 ATSC under
Linux but I'm attracted to the updated hardware on the Fusion HDTV5
ATSC board.

Thoughts?

--
Scott <catfather at donpoo.net>