[mythtv-users] PVR150 Invalid Initial GOP

Scott Carr scarr at progbits.com
Mon Jul 25 22:44:28 EDT 2005

Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Scott Carr wrote:
>
>> I am using a PVR150 with MythTV.  I have done `cat /dev/video0 >
>> test.mpg` and the resulting file works great.
>>
>> When recording with MythTV though, the file has an bad first GOP.  Is
>> there some setting I have wrong somewhere in MythTV?
>

> Which program is telling you this?  Myth, MPlayer, or some editing
> tool?  What's the exact message?

avidemux2 and gopdit both have stated that the initial GOP is invalid.
avidemux2 says Bad File.  gopdit will continue to process the rest of
the file, but sometimes gets out of sync audio/video.

mplayer will play the file fine, but I think it just skips over the
first GOP.

MythTV plays the file as well.  I am trying to use a program to cut the
commercials.  Currently, I am having to replex the nuv file to an mpg
before using avidemux2.

If I run cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg the resulting mpg is fine though, so
I figure it is something I am missing in MythTV.

Thanks

--
Scott Carr
OpenOffice.org