[mythtv-users] Force Xv output in mythfrontend?

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Mon Jul 25 17:38:01 EDT 2005

I've just set up a new combined front/backend (gentoo, x86 on an AMD 3500
with an nVidia graphics card via display on a CRT monitor), but the
frontend seems to default to OpenGL output for video, rather than use Xv as
I'd prefer (TTBOMK OGL sync is best suited for TV output, which'll be for
the next frontend I do). It seems to be causing problems in deinterlacing
the DVB streams no matter what deint option I use.

Is there any way to force mythfrontend to output in Xv? If I compile
without opengl, will I lose any functionality elsewhere in Myth (like
MythMusic visualisations)? I did try googling and searching the archives,
but couldn't find anything definite (esp. as it's difficult not to pull up
everything about XvMC!).

Thanks for any assistance

S Tait