[mythtv-users] Advice before buying a dedicated MythTV system.

Richard Bronosky mythtv at bronosky.com
Mon Jul 25 11:57:19 EDT 2005

Here is my current setup:

I'm thinking about going with this processor:

It's got a faster clock, fast FSB, but less cache.  12KB+16KB & 256KB
vs. 64KB+64KB & 512KB  I'd save a few bucks, also.  Is it worth it?

I want at least 2 tuners, but I threw in a PVR 350 to get the remote,
and saved the cost of a video card.  Since I can add an nVidia MX4000
for <$50 I think the PVR350 may be a bad idea?  Is there a cheaper way
the add a remote? Home brew... IR blaster style?  If there is would I be
better off getting an AGP video card for doing DVD playback?

Any other suggestions?

Thank you for your time,
--==<< R i c h a r d   B r o n o s k y >>==--

*Nearly all viruses and spyware are designed to use Microsoft internet
products. Protect yourself by avoiding Internet Explorer &
Outlook/Outlook Express.*
Get Firefox! <http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=0&t=85> Get
Thunderbird! <http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=0&t=179>